The second week in August is National Smile Week. It was created with the aim of spreading more positive action across the country toward kindness and concern for others.
With all the stress and uncertainty of the past 15 months, it’s become even more important to think about kindness towards others and how our actions can — and should — positively impact others.
All this week, you can focus on doing things that make others smile. In return, you will most likely smile at feeling good about helping someone else. It can be as simple as holding the door, letting someone in the lane in front of you, paying it forward at the drive-through line, and just saying thank you.
Of course, you can also do other things, such as participate in a volunteer program or community event, send letters to seniors or veterans, or gift loved ones with a special gift.
Our Finger Lakes flower shops can help provide some gifts to colleagues, new neighbors, family members, friends, clients, and anyone else you might know who you think could use a mood lifter. Here are some ideas:
- Send a whimsical flower arrangement that offers smiles galore. For example, our Double Rainbow Unicorn Duo adds even more smiles with a sweet flower arrangement in a keepsake unicorn container and a cute and cuddly stuffed unicorn. It’s perfect for a friend or family member.
- Our Designer’s Choice and BloomGal products provide you with a customized floral gift option so you can personalize your gift and show your thoughtfulness to your beloved recipient.
- Our Dazzling Dancers are sweet wrapped bouquets that are beautiful and convenient to grab when you want to make the most of National Smile Week.
- If you know your recipient loves plants, then make the most of our collection that offers indoor green plants, succulents, garden arrangements and more. It’s a gift that will keep on giving for months to come. Many of the plants will also help clean the air, showing you have your recipient’s health in mind.
- We’ve also got many yummy treats from our local bakery partner, including a delicious cannoli cake as well as other cake varieties that are sure to bring a smile to your recipient’s face.
- Don’t forget the cheerful balloons and loving greeting cards that we also offer!
You can order by visiting or calling any of our Finger Lake florist locations or using our online order form found on our website. Orders can be picked up or you can request our contactless delivery service.