October is recognized as Breast Cancer Awareness Month and is a perfect time to reflect on the many patients battling this cancer. Multiple studies have reflected, in staggering statistics, the impact of Breast Cancer. These important studies indicate that Breast Cancer claims the lives of approximately 42,000 women each year with 255,000 being diagnosed in the United States. This awful cancer does not discriminate and is also diagnosed in approximately 1% of the male population.
Rockcastle Florist strategically employs some of the top Floral Designers in the floral industry. Our talented and professional designers always carefully consider every detail while creating thoughtful and meaningful flower arrangements. If you have a loved one or friend suffering from Breast Cancer, October is a wonderful month to show respect and kindness by giving them a loving flower arrangement from Rockcastle Florist.
When you send high quality Rockcastle Florist bouquets or arrangements, it is always a very appreciated gesture. Below are some additional ways to help promote Breast Cancer Awareness Month:
- Proudly wear a pink ribbon everyday during October. And give pink ribbons to others to wear.
- There are some women that like to bedazzle bras they have collected and auction them off at a fundraising event.
- You can always invite family and friends to a fashion show you organized. All pink clothing and outrageous hats and accessories. Share facts about Breast Cancer during the event.
- Have a contest featuring Pink Pumpkins asking people to drop money in a collection jar next to their favorite pumpkin.
- If acceptable with your office policy, perhaps organize a lunch and learn with a guest speaker to talk about early detection, preventative measures and recovery etc.
- Walks and runs are always popular. Create some spirit within you office comrades.
- Perhaps just share educational facts from expert organizations like the National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc. and the American Cancer Society. Some of their statistics are truly eye opening.
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer for women worldwide
- 1 in 8 women receive a breast cancer diagnosis
- On average, every 2 minutes a female is diagnosed with breast cancer
- One woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes
- Alcohol use increases the risk of breast cancer
- Over 3.3 million breast cancer survivors are alive in the U.S. today
- An estimated 2,470 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer
- 1 in 1,000 men will receive a breast cancer diagnosis
- Breast cancer occurrence and death rates generally increase with age
- Only 5-10% of individuals diagnosed have a family history of breast cancer
The professional floral designers at Rockcastle Florist are ready and excited to help you find a beautiful and thoughtful flower arrangement or bouquet for someone you know that has been affected by Breast Cancer.
Polka Dots and Posies
Thompson Health Flower Delivery
Same Day & Express Flower Delivery Service
Rockcastle Florist offers nationwide flower delivery service to hospitals located throughout the continental United States. The delivery team at Rockcastle delivers flowers, plants and gifts to patients at Thompson Health each day. The medical facility is located at 350 Parrish Street Canandaigua, NY 14424. This hospital is located within our local delivery zone. Customers wanting to send flowers to patients can choose between local same day or express flower delivery service. We call our express delivery service, “Cupid’s Express.” The great thing about express service is, customers have the opportunity to specify the day and time, they want the arrangement to arrive.
Thompson Health has one of the premier pulmonary care facilities in the state of New York. Patients travel to Thompson for cardiac care services from all over the state. Thompson is one of the smaller hospitals in the area, offering approximately 120 patient beds. The hospital offers a wide variety of treatment services, including; pulmonary care, child birth services, diagnostic imaging, primary care, emergency services and much more.
Same Day & Express Flower Delivery Service
Rockcastle Florist offers same day and express flower delivery service to Thompson Health. We make daily delivery runs to the medical center, delivering flowers, plants and gifts to patients receiving care at Highland. Our delivery team is experienced and knows the hospital’s delivery requirements and best times of day to accomplish a delivery. As previously mentioned, “Cupid’s Express” is one of the more frequently utilized delivery options for gifts destined for patients. Normally, our express delivery service can get flowers, plants or gifts delivered within 4 hours or less.
Rockcastle Florist offers the best selection of fresh flowers, plants and gifts in Rochester New York. We offer stunning Ecuadorian roses, beautiful white, green and lavender hydrangea, gorgeous sunflowers, gerbera daisies and many more floral varieties. We offer lots of options in many different price ranges. If you are looking for some great get well flower options, we encourage you to check out our Get Well collection, displayed on the website.
French Kiss Wrap Bouquet
870 Long Pond Road
Rochester, New York 14612
Toll Free – 1(800) 222-7790
Local – (585) 225-3640
Fax -(585) 225-0781